- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup heat water (roughly)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Progressively add heat water to the dry substances. Begin with about 3/4 cup of water and blend. Add extra water as wanted to type a comfortable, barely sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured floor for a couple of minutes till it turns into clean.
- Divide the dough into small parts and roll them into balls (concerning the measurement of a golf ball).
- Warmth vegetable oil in a deep skillet or frying pan over medium-high warmth. You may want sufficient oil to submerge the dough.
- Flatten every dough ball into a skinny, spherical disk utilizing your palms or a rolling pin. Ensure to not make them too thick; they need to be about 1/4 inch thick or much less.
- Rigorously place the flattened dough into the new oil one after the other. Fry till the frybread puffs up and turns into golden brown on one facet, then flip and fry the opposite facet till golden brown. This could take about 2-3 minutes per facet.
- Take away the frybread from the oil utilizing a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to empty any extra oil.
- Serve the Indian frybread scorching together with your selection of toppings. It is scrumptious with honey, powdered sugar, jam, and even as a base for savory toppings like taco substances.
Take pleasure in your home made Indian frybread!