So easy, but unbelievably tasty, these Traditional Potato Pancakes are to not be missed! Observe my easy directions and make this simple deal with immediately!
- 4 massive russet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to style
- ¼ tsp. pepper or to style
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil for frying
How To Make Traditional Potato Pancakes:
- If utilizing meals processor: peel and dice the potatoes and onion. Place the greens in meals processor and course of for about 2 minutes, till potatoes look “grated” and no lumps stay. If utilizing grater: peel the potatoes and onion and grate.
- Place the potato combination right into a superb strainer or kitchen towel and attempt to squeeze virtually the entire liquid right into a mixing bowl.
- Discard the liquid. You’ll discover white powder on the underside of the bowl after you pour the liquid out. It’s potato starch and it provides texture to the pancakes, so you must hold it.
- Return the potato combination into the bowl and add eggs, flour, with some salt and pepper, and blend the whole lot properly.
- Warmth up some vegetable oil in a big, non-stick skillet over medium warmth. Add a spoonful of potato combination, spreading it barely. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on either side, till the pancakes are crispy and brown.
- Place the pancakes on a paper towel, to soak up the surplus oil and ENJOY!
What to Serve with Potato Pancakes
Historically, we (the Ukrainians) serve it with bitter cream on the aspect. Lots of people like to serve applesauce or yogurt with these pancakes.
Are you able to make potato pancakes forward of time?
Though one of the best ways to get pleasure from these potato pancakes is true out of the frying pan, when they’re recent and oh-so-crispy, chances are you’ll freeze these efficiently. Simply absolutely cook dinner the potato pancakes after which allow them to quiet down utterly. As soon as chilly, place them in a single layer onto a baking sheet and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours or till they’re arduous. Switch the frozen pancakes to freezer storage luggage. When able to serve, preheat the oven to 450 F. Organize the frozen latkes on baking sheets, in a single layer and bake for about quarter-hour.