On the subject of taste combos, candy and salt is one in every of our all-time favorites. So after we heard about these Salted Caramel Cracker Bites we had been instantly intrigued. They’re paying homage to the well-known Christmas cracker sweet, however holding off on the chocolate (permitting the caramel to shine!) and utilizing bite-sized oyster crackers as an alternative of saltines. Which means they’re much more snackable and harmful… however in the easiest way!
- 1 9oz bundle oyster crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION How To Make Salted Caramel Cracker Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour crackers onto parchment paper and unfold into a good layer.
- In a medium saucepan, soften butter over medium warmth after which stir within the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon till dissolved.
- Convey the combination to a boil whereas constantly stirring. Proceed cooking the effervescent combination for 2-3 minutes till it thickens and lightens in coloration.
- Take away from warmth and instantly pour over crackers. Fold the caramel into the crackers till evenly coated. High with salt.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, watching that the caramel doesn’t burn.
- Enable crackers to chill then break them into small clusters. Retailer in an hermetic container.