This Basic Cherry Delight is very easy to make and by no means fails to impress. It comes collectively in simply minutes and is made from three easy layers. If you would like a dessert that’s not overly candy but scrumptious, that is it!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 entire crackers)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 container cool whip, 8 ounces
- 1 can cherry pie filling, 21 ounces
How To Make Basic Cherry Delight
- Add the butter to a medium bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or till melted. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar and blend effectively to mix. Pat the crumb combination firmly into the underside of a sprayed 8 x 8 baking dish. Put aside.
- Add the cream cheese to a big bowl. Combine with a mixer till the cream cheese of easy and freed from any lumps. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend effectively. Add the cool whip and blend till the cool whip and cream cheese are mixed, however don’t overmix.
- Unfold the filling evenly over the graham cracker crust, utilizing a spoon or offset spatula. Spoon the cherry pie filling excessive and thoroughly unfold it evenly over the filling.
- Refrigerate for no less than 2 hours earlier than serving. I like to go away it in a single day.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip from reader Jody…It is a nice recipe. To take away simply, put sizzling water within the sink. Simply sufficient so the underside and a tiny little bit of the edges of the pan are coated. Maintain for beneath a minute and that may launch the crust and it got here out of the pan and minimize splendidly. Make certain the water could be very sizzling.”